NEW

Post Top Ad

Blossom Themes

Sunday, November 2, 2014

Assassin's Creed Unity: Interview With Maxime Durand

Unity’s production coordinator and historical researcher tells us how much he loves big ol’ dusty tomes.

What was the most satisfying part of the game to see through from start to finish?
I’d say it’s the scope, because the challenge for me, as a historian, wasn't as much the landmarks as what’s inside the city. The city is huge we had to make sure that everything was different and respectful of history. That was really the difficulty for me. If what people are doing in the street is believable, you really feel like you’re in the French Revolution just from walking around that’s the biggest challenge.

A lot of the in game NPC dialogue is in French. How did you come up with that?
If you look at the graffiti on the wall in the game, that’s all real graffiti that we found in archives it’s about being against the king or after the king was dead, or they’re angry at the clergy. That’s the sort of dialogue we'll have within the city.

If you could create the next Assassin’s Creed game, what period would you set it in?
Obviously, I’d really like to do Ancient Egypt. I think taking a period that people don’t know much about, but have a lot of fantasy about, and then trying to bring it to real history… I think that doing that with Ancient Egypt is the same kind of deal. It’s very interesting.

Will we ever see Ancient Rome or Greece?
I hope so! I think we can, I mean, it’s the Animus. We did talk about it a little bit in
our comic books, so anything’s possible. So, that, and maybe the reform of the Church in Germany I think that would be awesome. It’s both very beautiful and very meaningful, lots of secret mysteries at that moment. People being kept secret even Martin Luther’s story is very interesting. Time will tell, if we continue making  Assassin’s Creed games.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad

Blossom Themes