NEW

Post Top Ad

Blossom Themes

Monday, December 8, 2014

Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc, PS Vita

Right now, I absolutely love Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc a visual novel on the Vita (the most underrated hardware). It’s my first venture into that type of game, and I can’t think of many other titles that have as deep a scenario or as many twists as that. The way the trails work in the game, and the mechanics behind them, are fantastic.


You have to gather truth bullets, and then shoot those at statements on the screen. I found that exhilarating! One of my favourite films of all time is Battle Royale, and the premise here is very similar; you’re trapped in a school and the only way to get out is by killing someone, but not getting caught. On the way, you have to figure out who you are, who are these other people around you, who’s the headmaster, who’s this weird bear… it’s so well-written and the way it keeps you on the edge of your seat is incredible. The whole way though, I was thinking ‘How is this going to turn out!?’ It’s a great thriller, very self-referential, very witty, gives loads of little winks to other games… it’s a wonderful game. It’s rare that I want to Platinum a game, but this one I’m putting in the additional hours for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad

Blossom Themes